Friday, January 7, 2011

Chocolate muffin & Taiwan fried rice



Mika: Yong...can I have my dinner now? You seem busy to night.....what's up.

Yong: I'm going to make chocolate muffin to bring to office tomorrow. I give your dinner now ok.


Mika: Kak Dik seems busy too! What are you cooking?

Kak Dik: I'm cooking Taiwan fried rice, Mom request. Check out below picture. You can click to enlarge it. Below is the recipe if you wish to try it.....







Taiwan Fried Rice

Ingredient:
Red onion - thin slice
garlic - thin slice
bird's eye chili(cili padi)
chicken fillet-mince
shrimp-mince
squid-mince
3 eggs
butter + cooling oil
pinch of salt
soy sauce(kicap)
black pepper
mix vegetable or any vegetables of your choice(carrot,cabbage, broccoli)
rice

How to cook:
Put little oil + butter in a pan and stir the eggs. Then add onion,garlic and chili, saute for 2 minutes. Then add chicken, shrimp and squid, saute until it cook. Add in the vegetables and black pepper and stir well. Add the rice + soy sauce + salt and stir well.



Mika: Kak Dik already finished her part. Yong...will you finish early? How long do I have to wait for you?

Yong: Just give me 30 minute ok, I already finish the last tray.

I found this recipe in someone blog, I can't remember it but anyway, thank you for sharing it. The texture is moist,very chocolaty and I love it! Below is the recipe for you to try. Enjoy!



Chocolate Muffin

Ingredients:

A
2 cups flour
1 1 / 4 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons soda bikarbonate
3 teaspoons Nescafe
little salt

B
2 cup caster sugar
1 cup cooking oil
1 cup evaporated milk (or fresh milk)
3 eggs

C
3 / 4 cup hot water

How to cook:
Combine all ingredients B and put aside. Sift flour with cocoa powder, baking powder and soda and mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Put A and B into the mix. Then finally, put hot water into the mixture and mix well.
Scoop into muffin cups, put a half only because of the mixture will expand and bake at 175 C for 20minutes







No comments:

Post a Comment