Monday, February 6, 2012

Wonder what we do in January? Part 1

Yong: We were so sorry for badly ignore this blog for almost a month. I'm really....really super busy with work and almost all day got home at 8 or 9 pm. So you can guess it, after freshen up I'm so tired and very easily fallen a sleep even watching my favourite show on tv. I also postponing my baking until I feels so restless that I decided to do something during the Chinese New Year holiday. I baked bread and butter pudding and finally I tried my skill to do decorated cupcake after 2 month attended the cupcake class from Edi (adorablecupcakes.blogspot.com)

Here the recipes for the bread and butter pudding. I just use half of the ingredient as I only baked for two people only.


BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING

Ingredients:
8 eggs
1 liter fresh milk
1 cup sugar
1 loaf bread, each cut to 4 pieces(I use baguette)
100 gm butter
40 gm mix raisins(yellow & blackcurrant)
Pinch of salt
1/2 ts vanilla

Method:
1) Spread all over with butter then cut the bread into four pieces.
2) Grease the pan and put the bread in the baking pan, each top of it with the mix raisin.
3)Whisk egg and sugar until well combined. Then add the fresh milk, vanilla and salt and continue whisk until combined.
4) Pour to the bread and let it sit for 10 minutes
5) Bake at temp 165C for about 25 to 35 minutes


I served it with chocolate ganache instead of vanilla sauce



I made the cupcake a day before and I decorate it the next day. However I dislike the colour I bought. Well, this a first try and I'm still...... pretty impress with it. Below cupcake was for us to indulge....



And this I bought to the office and guess what my colleagues loved it! and they can't wait for me to take the first order....har..har...they are my food tester!

My hand still not so sturdy to decorate it and I still copy design from Edi's class. Will practice more and make it purrrrfect!

Wonder what with Mika???

No comments:

Post a Comment