Sunday, March 27, 2011

Almond and chocolate chips cupcake part 1

Yong: Last week we had wet whether, and this week we had hot whether especially in the day. Here Mika sooth his thirsty by drinking more water than normal day


Mika: Yeah....I drink lots of water this few days even to night I can't resists this yellow bowl...
Can you see the noisy machine behind me? Yep.....Yong will start to bake in a minute.


Yong: One of my baking wish lists is almond and choc chips cupcake complete with decorating it. This is my first time making and decorating cupcake. The original recipe was taken from this link:http://cupcakerecipe.net/labels/Chocolate%20Chip%20and%20Almond%20Cupcakes.html
but I change it since I don't have plain flour. Here goes the recipe:


Ingredients:
Source: Cupcakerecipe.net

110gm self raising flour
110gm castor sugar
110gm unsalted butter
1/4 cup of ground almond ( I use toasted flake almond & grind them)
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 eggs
1 1/2 tablespoon of milk ( I use fresh milk)

Method:

1) Put the sugar and butter into a bowl and beat by hand with a wooden spoon or use a mixer until creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat in.
2) Sieve in the flour and mix gently. Add the ground almonds, chocolate chips, vanilla essence and mix gently
3) Divide the mixture into cupcake cases which have been placed into a baking tray. This makes about 12 cupcakes in large cases. I fill each case about half to 3/4 full. I make two batches of this batter, first batter I use small cupcake case which make 15 and the second batter I use large cupcake.
4) Pre heat the oven to gas 4--350F--180C. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. They need to be firm to touch. Remove from the oven and cool
5) Once cool can decorate with your favourite frosting. Since this is new thing to me, I use chocolate ganache and melted white chocolate which is more easy and not messy


I will posted the full decorated cupcakes tomorrow night.


Mika: When are you going to finish?


Yong: Soon.....just give me one hour.....


Yong: There are ready to bake.....can't wait to see the result!


Yong: Firm and nice....I will decorate them on Sunday for our afternoon tea

No comments:

Post a Comment