Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pistachio cupcakes

Since my Mom got back, I don't have time to bake anything until on Monday, I have time to bake cupcake. My Mom brought back pistachios and dates, I never bake pistachio cupcake before and rather sceptical about the taste. Anyway I go for it.....As I mention earlier, I would like to try recipe from cupcake book that I bought a weeks ago but instead I settle a recipe from this link: http://annies-eats.net/ but I did modify some of the ingredient to suite my taste.


While I'm grind the pistachio in my cute food processor, Mika give a good stare to it....See his serious face........Lets check the recipe below:



Ingredients:

3/4 cup + 2tbsp shelled pistachios

10 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature

3 oz cream cheese, at room temperature

1 1/2 cup suagar ( I use 1 1/3 cup)

3 large eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour

1 1/2 tsp coarse salt (I use 1 tsp salt)

Pinch of baking powder (I add)


Ganache

4 oz bittersweet chocolate ( I use Whittaker's Dark Ghana 72% cocoa)

1/2 cup heavy cream (I use whipping cream)

2 tbsp unsalted butter

Method- Cupcake
1) Preheat oven 325 F. Line the cupcake pans with paper liner

2) Place 1/2 cup of the pistachio in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely ground. Combine the butter, cream cheese and ground pistachio and beat with electric mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.

3) Gradually mix in sugar on medium-low speed, scraping down the side of the bowl as needed.

4) Beat in the eggs one at the time, mixing well after each addition, then put in the vanilla

5) Fold the flour and salt, mix just until dry ingredient are incorporated. Coarsely chop the remining pistachio and evenly fold into the batter with spatula

6) Divide the batter evenly among the prepared liners, filling each about 3 quarter full. Bake rotating halfway through baking until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 30 minute. I use gas oven, so I preheat 250 F and back about 45 minute.


Method-Ganache
Place the chopped chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Pour the warm cream over the chocolate and let stand for 1 minute. Whisk in small circular motion until the chocolate is completely melted. Whisk in the butter until completely incorporated.


Let the ganache cool and thicken just slightly before dipping the cupcake. Sprinkle the additional chopped pistachio.



First batch ready to go into oven.......




Yes......nice right......


I bought these chocolates at the airport when pick up my Mom. This is the only time I can get overseas chocolate. This can last up to September 2011 so will make use of it in my next chocolaty baking.


Taadaa.....the taste is so nice and not too sweet....this recipe definitely a keeper. Thanks Annies for sharing this recipe.


Don't you just love to see Mika with his fresh face and so compose....... He waits for me while put the batter into the cupcake pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment