Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Marmer Chiffon Cake

Mika: I had little investigating to share with all of you but instead Yong insist want to share her excitement!


Yong: Well....thanks Mika. This is the excitement that I'm talking about. My first chiffon cake! Weeeeee.......I'm smiling until my jaw hurt!



Yong: This boy can't stop nagging...... is the cake ready!.....is the cake ready! He even stay at the kitchen to watch me mix the ingredients


Yong: The cake is so soft and not too sweet. You can see on top right, the cake has been pinched by Aqie! Thanks Kak Rima as usual for sharing this recipe. Here the recipe that I copied from Kak Rima (http://www.bisousatoi.com/)

MARMER CHIFFON CAKE

Ingredient A:

7 egg whites

1/2 tsp cream of tartar

100g sugar (I use caster sugar)


Ingredient B:

7 egg yolks

100g sugar ( I use caster sugar)

150ml full cream milk

75ml cooking oil

175g flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt


1 tbsp chocolate powder

1 tsp chocolate paste ( I use chocolate emulco)


Method:

1) Stir B until blended. First, I whisk egg yolk and sugar, then add milk and cooking oil. Gently fold the sifted flour with baking powder and salt and set aside


2) Beat the egg white with cream of tartar until bubbly, add sugar a little at a time and continue to whip until soft peak


3. Take 1/3 of egg white mixture and add into egg yolk mixture.. fold in gently bef pouring the rest of egg yolk mixture into egg white. Divide batter equally into two portions and add cocoa powder and paste into one portion.


4. Spoon white batter and chocolate batter alternately into a 22cm chiffon pan.. bake it at 170C for 45mins.


5. Lift, turn the pan on the neck of the bottle, let stand until cold. Once cool, remove cake from pan with the help of a knife.

Happy auntie with happy nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment