Monday, January 2, 2012

Tortilla pizza for dinner

I tried new recipes for our dinner. I call it tortilla pizza! Actually I want to make this for our tea time but since Mom what to do some errands, so I switch it to dinner instead. Very easy to prepare. This recipe inspire from one of the restaurant that I went during my sister's birthday. I can't remember the name of the food but this is my version.

Tortilla Pizza


Ingredients:

2 pieces of tortillas (plain or wholemeal)
Ready made spaghetti sauce
Prawn stock (can use chicken stock too)
200g minced chicken or beef
Yellow capsicum ( can add any vegetables of your choice)
Beef or chicken sausage (slice)
Mozzarella cheese
Olive oil

Method:

Heat the olive oil and saute the minced chicken until slightly cook and add 1/2 cup of the stock. Then pour the spaghetti sauce and cook until the sauce reduce slightly. Season the sauce with salt & pepper if needed.

Spread the sauce on the first tortilla and add topping of your choices (mine I put slices of yellow capsicum & chicken sausage) and pour mozzarella cheese on top of it. Then take the second tortilla to cover it. I use gas oven preheated 250 F and bake each side about 10 minutes.


The taste I really love it! Even my BIL give 2 thump-up! Next time I will try with beef and put chili to spice it up. Try it ok....

No comments:

Post a Comment